The Plastic Surgery Institute of Miami is dedicated to providing only the best breast augmentation results in Miami, FL. Many patients choose us for their breast enhancement and it’s no mystery why. Our consistent results speak for itself.
- 1 Before and After Photos
- 2 Procedure
- 3 Benefits
- 4 Ideal Candidate
- 5 Contact
- 6 Procedure Details
- 7 Recovery
- 8 Contact
- 9 How do I Schedule a Consultation?
- 10 FAQ
- 10.1 Do I have to have my implants replaced every ten years?
- 10.2 Is breast augmentation linked to breast cancer?
- 10.3 Where is the best breast augmentation procedure performed?
- 10.4 Are there other ways to augment and increase the size of my breasts without implants?
- 10.5 What is the difference between a breast revision surgery and breast augmentation?
- 10.6 Are there risks associated with breast augmentation?
- 10.7 What should I look for in a breast augmentation surgeon?
- 10.8 Do I have to stop smoking before and after my procedure?
- 10.9 Can I have a breast augmentation if I live out of town?
- 10.10 What should I expect after the breast augmentation procedure?
Before and After Photos
Many women are pleased to know that breast augmentation surgery is much simpler than it was even a decade ago. The breast augmentation procedure can now be performed in an hour or less. Results are seen shortly after surgery and steadily improve until a complete six-week recovery is made. Results include:
- A boost in confidence and self-esteem
- Improvement in breast size, profile, volume, symmetry, and appeal
- A curvier silhouette and more feminine look
The great thing about modern breast augmentation surgery is it is simple, safe, and results last a very long time. Using the latest advances in medicine, breast augmentation can be performed today in the traditional manner using implants, or with your own fat using a grafting technique. For those who choose implants, they can rest assured that implants can remain safely in place for twenty-five years or more without any issues whatsoever, and the likelihood of an implant-related complication still remains very low.
Every breast augmentation patient has their reasons for choosing to undergo surgery. Many women:
- Feel that their breasts are not really proportional to their body or too flat
- Feel self-conscious about their small cup size and have very specific ideas about implant size
- Want more cleavage to help them feel more vibrant, voluptuous, sexy, and feminine
- Seek augmentation surgery for reconstructive purposes or to correct asymmetry
Regardless of the reason for having surgery, women always have the same goal: more attractive breasts. Plastic Surgery Institute helps women reach this goal because our surgeons and their staff realize that the choice to undergo breast enhancement surgery is very personal; what matters most is that your results make you feel great about your body and the way your breasts look and feel.
A breast augmentation procedure is ideal for women who are looking to increase the size of their breasts, have unevenly sized breasts, or have sagging breasts. Women interested in breast augmentation must undergo an examination, evaluation, and consultation with a qualified plastic surgeon.
Most surgeons prefer their patients to be at least 18 years of age, but some will consider younger patients for reconstructive purposes. Patients should also be in reasonably good health and have realistic expectations about the breast augmentation procedure.
Your surgeon will take all of your health concerns and issues into consideration when evaluating your case. Your surgeon will need to consider your health and other factors, such as bleeding disorders, any infections you may have, your medications and lifestyle habits (smoking and alcohol use), as well as other health-related concerns including potential issues with your breast tissue. This ensures your safety and incision healing.
Women should not undergo breast augmentation if they:
- have an ongoing infection
- are undergoing cancer treatments
- are currently breastfeeding
- have cancer or precancer
- have other serious ongoing health issues.
Additionally, women with unrealistic expectations or feel they are being pressured into breast augmentation are not good candidates.
Personal attention is what you deserve, personal attention is what you receive. Your surgeon:
- listens to all of your desired results and goals
- obtains a thorough medical history
- performs a complete physical examination
- discusses all of your breast implant options
You can ask as many questions as you like and state all of your concerns. Your consultation is not complete until you feel comfortable and informed. Your surgeon prepares you for everything. During your pre-surgery consultation, your surgeon provides you with detailed pre-surgery instructions and information regarding what to do and what to wear before surgery. Your surgeon also provides you with detailed post-surgery instructions. Following your surgeon’s instructions ensures a stress-free procedure, quick recovery, and maximum results. If you have any questions or concerns before or after surgery, you can contact your surgeon at any time.
You and your surgeon work together to customize your surgery. Every step is carefully planned and thoroughly explained. Depending on your desired look, you can add volume, shape, projection, and of course, cup size to your breasts. Your improvements are seen shortly after surgery and final results are seen after a six-week recovery. An expert performed procedure. Breast augmentation surgery requires advanced training, specialized knowledge, and extensive experience. When it comes to your body and aesthetics, only a highly-trained surgeon has the eye, knowledge, and technical surgical skill sets to perform a breast augmentation procedure.
Our plastic surgeons are breast augmentation experts. They have undergone extensive additional training required to provide exceptional care in all areas of plastic surgery, including advanced techniques in breast reconstruction, breast revision, and breast augmentation. Although your surgery will be customized to meet all your goals and desires, general breast augmentation procedure steps include:
- Anesthesia. Anesthesia can vary from a local, which affects only the part of the body being operated on to general anesthesia. We prefer to use general anesthesia to keep you as comfortable as possible during surgery.
- Incisions. Only a small incision is required in each breast. The incision is carefully hidden under the crease of the breast (called the inframammary fold), or at the inferior border of the areola (called periareolar), depending on the approach your PSI surgeon feels is right for you.
- Implant placement. Implants are placed into the pockets created by the incisions. Implants can be placed above the muscle (known as subglandular) or below (known as submuscular) implantation, depending on your specific needs. The kind of implants can also vary, according to your needs and desired outcomes. Our doctors use only FDA-approved, American-made implants of many styles and sizes. Your surgeon will have a thorough discussion you to choose the implant that best suits your needs and desires.
Different Types of Breast Enhancement
Fat transfer. For women who would like a more natural enhancement method and no implants, there are other procedures available. A fat transfer breast augmentation procedure removes unwanted fat from the buttock and hip areas, purifies it, and then adds it to your existing breast tissue to increase volume. An large incision is not made. This process is more natural than using breast implants, as nothing except your fat is used to increase the size of your breasts. If you have a fat transfer breast augmentation procedure, it will also take about an hour. At the Plastic Surgery Institute we use the most advanced fat grafting systems to perform autologous breast augmentation without implants.
Breast Implants Selection
Silicone gel breast implants of various densities, styles, sizes and shapes will be made available to you. Our surgeons only use FDA-approved, American-made breast implants.
Today’s implants are more advanced than ever before. They look more natural, they give breasts a more youthful appearance and they last longer. They also allow more movement and flow inside the implant casing. Many women feel this offers more of a more natural movement, look, and feel. The gummy bear breast implants are best known for their shape-retaining properties and are considered more durable than soft silicone implants. The Gummy bear breast implant is the most common type of modern implant used today in our practice, we at PSI have several types of gummy bear implants available to our patients.
Your recovery takes six weeks, starting as soon as your surgery is over. Our fully-accredited surgical facility provides you with a comfortable, private, discreet, and of course, safe place to recover. You are taken from your world-class operating room to a spacious and quiet recovery area. Recovery nurses and staff make sure you feel no discomfort or pain, and peacefully wake up. Your family and friends wait for you in a comfortable waiting area. After you are awake and alert and your discomfort is under control, a family member or friend drive you home. A general recovery timeline is:
- 2-3 days after surgery. Prescription or over-the-counter pain medications manage light to moderate discomfort. A surgical bra or compression bandage supports the breast implants, reduces swelling, and protects each incision. It is okay to take a shower.
- 1 week after surgery. Work and light activities are resumed. Heavy lifting and strenuous activities should be avoided. The first post-operative appointment occurs. The breast implants and each incision are checked to make sure they are healing well.
- 2 weeks after surgery. Daily activities are resumed. Vigorous exercise should be avoided. It is okay to take a bath.
- 4 weeks after surgery. Strenuous exercise that does not involve the chest is resumed.
- 6 weeks after surgery. Exercise without restrictions is resumed. Any type of push-up bra may be worn. Breast implants are fully settled. Each incision is fully healed. The final result is seen.
There is no substitute for experience and training. Our highly skilled plastic surgeons are acknowledged experts in all areas of breast surgery.
- Safely. When it comes to your body and breasts, it never pays to gamble with your health. Just because a doctor can legally perform breast augmentation surgery, it does not mean that they are fully qualified to do so. Having performed thousands of breast augmentation procedures, our surgeons have significant expertise and makes sure you are safe at all times.
- Convenience. The institute is easily accessible from all of Miami-Dade County and only a ten-minute drive from Miami International Airport. If you are from out of town, one of our patient representatives will be happy to help you with travel arrangements.
- Results. Everything is customized just for you. The best breast implants are selected, the best surgical techniques are used. From start to finish, our doctors have one goal in mind: provide you with the results you have always wanted, the results you have always dreamed of. The Plastic Surgery Institute of Miami is deeply committed to your health, your safety, and of course, your results. Unlike other plastic surgery groups, we are entirely doctor-owned—businessmen and investors have no say in your health and safety. We have the premier clinical and surgical facility in all of South Florida.
How do I Schedule a Consultation?
Please request a consultation online or call 305.446.7700 to schedule an initial breast augmentation consultation when you are ready.
Do I have to have my implants replaced every ten years?
While breast implants can fail, that does not mean they will. There is no hard and fast rule about breast implant lifespans as they can last indefinitely.
Not really. Studies have shown that while it is possible, the chances of developing breast cancer from textured breast implants are incredibly slim. Roughly two out of every million women may develop breast cancer in connection with breast implants; however, the specific kind of breast cancer in question also has a 90% cure rate.
Where is the best breast augmentation procedure performed?
A breast augmentation procedure can be performed in the office, in an ambulatory surgical center, or a hospital setting. PSI Miami , for example, boasts a state-of-the-art surgical center with a full complement of highly trained and qualified staff.
Are there other ways to augment and increase the size of my breasts without implants?
There are natural options for women who want to increase the size of their breasts without using manufactured breast implants. Your surgeon can advise you about fat injections and other breast enlargement options that do not require an incision. Other procedures include breast lift , in the event of weight loss and the regular aging process.
What is the difference between a breast revision surgery and breast augmentation?
A breast revision procedure is a second surgery to remove or correct any complications that arose because of previous breast surgery. Breast augmentation is used to refine the shape, size, and projection of the breasts to create aesthetically pleasing, symmetrical and fuller breasts.
Are there risks associated with breast augmentation?
Although breast augmentation procedures are considered very safe, they are possible complications, just as there is with any kind of surgical procedure. Complications include bleeding, infections, delayed healing, unwanted scar, capsular contractures, implant failure, numbness, pain and other risks associated with anesthesia. Your surgeon will go over all the possible complications one-by-one during your initial consultation. The overwhelming majority of patients find potential results far outweigh the minimal risks associated with surgery.
What should I look for in a breast augmentation surgeon?
No matter what kind of surgery you are considering, it is always important to find an expert plastic surgeon with the right training and experience to provide you with the best possible care.
Do I have to stop smoking before and after my procedure?
Smoking slows down the body’s healing processes and increases the chances of infection. Your surgeon will recommend that you stop smoking before and after your surgery to ensure your safety and maximize your results.
Can I have a breast augmentation if I live out of town?
Our world- renowned breast augmentation surgeons treat patients from all over the world daily. Our surgeons and their staff are happy to help make trip arrangements for your initial breast augmentation consultation. Or if you prefer, your consultation through video conference. The choice is entirely up to you. Miami International Airport is easily reached from countries all over the world. When you are ready for surgery, PSI Miami can help you and your family with travel, surgery, and recovery plans. If you would like, your patient coordinator can arrange for you to have a personal nurse. Patients who come from out of town alone find this extremely convenient and comfortable. Also, international patients and foreign-language speakers are pleased to know our surgeons speak fluent Spanish, Italian, and French.
What should I expect after the breast augmentation procedure?
After your breast augmentation surgery, you should stay away from any intense exertion of your chest, muscles, or arms, such as weightlifting or heavy manual labor. You will experience bruising and swelling for a little while, but your surgeon’s instructions will help dramatically reduce this.